[CentOS-virt] WinXP Xen guest: compare VNC vs RDP

Wed Apr 22 23:08:20 UTC 2009
Ed Heron <Ed at Heron-ent.com>

From: "Julian Price", Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:46 PM

> I use RDP because it allows copy & paste of text between the local and
> remote machines.  VNC does not, unless I've just not got it set up right.
>
> - Julian

  Most of my users are not sophisticated enough to handle mixing remote and
local modes.  I'm expecting to turn the remote machine into a thin client
equivalent (enabling me to move the WinXP license to the VM).

  This seems to reduce some of my potential support issues.

  I'm currently experimenting with Thinstation (thinstation.net).  There are
a couple of issues with it, like sound, but I'm leaving those issues for
later.