[CentOS-virt] state of lfarkas KVM repository + Centos KVM wiki

Fri Apr 24 07:53:47 UTC 2009
Rainer Traut <tr.ml at gmx.de>

Am 24.04.2009 00:28, schrieb Farkas Levente:
> as i wrote to you this kmod rpm (as all other centos kmods) use
> weak-updates so the kernel version is not included in the version by
> desing. it's working with _all_ centos 5.x kernel.
>
> anyway i'll provide these rpms until centos-5.4 released and lets see
> what will be in 5.4 and then...
> anyway my current suggestion to use kvm-84.
> as i be able to put together a consistent build far in my end i'll try
> to provide i386 rpms too, but as i only use 64bit hosts i only compile it.

Thx for doing this. My F10 guest now has an uptime of 7 days and I
cannot see any problem neither in dmesg nor in other logfiles.

Ah one thing I forgot, I had to change the emulation of network card to
e1000 after installing F10 updates. But this may well have been a
NetworkManager problem - I disabled NM afterwards.

Thx
Rainer