[CentOS-virt] Can I bridge a bonded and vlan tagged interface directly to a guest?

Mon Aug 3 16:58:40 UTC 2009
Christopher G. Stach II <cgs at ldsys.net>

----- "David Knierim" <dknierim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Coert,
> To set up the networking, I basically used the following document:
> http://et.redhat.com/~jmh/docs/Xen_networking.pdf
>
> In this document, there is a reference to a different script for xen
> to use to configure the networks. This script works, but I made two
> modifications:
> 1) tweaked script so you could have an IP address on bond0 (untagged
> traffic) and make that network accessible to the guests
> 2) added code so the networks could be configured with a configuration
> file rather than editing the script
>
> This is what the /etc/xen/net_bond.cfg file looks like:
> # This file shows the mapping between the server interface, xen bridge
> and virtual interface. The current code requires all three to be
> specified.
> # bonded interface xen bridge name vif name
> bond0.3 xenbr0 vif0.0
> bond0.2 xenbr1 vif1.0
> bond0.4 xenbr2 vif2.0
> bond0.7 xenbr3 vif3.0
> bond0.5 xenbr4 vif4.0
> bond0.6 xenbr5 vif5.0
> bond0 xenbr6 vif6.0

If your setup is relatively static, you can just use the bridging and bonding support that's already in the Red Hat init scripts and just refer to these bridges in your domU configs.

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
HWADDR=...
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
USERCTL=no

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0:

DEVICE=bond0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
USERCTL=no

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond0.10:

DEVICE=bond0.10
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
USERCTL=no
VLAN=yes
BRIDGE=br10

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br10:

DEVICE=br10
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes