[CentOS-virt] About doing backups with kvm guests

Fri Dec 11 10:38:14 UTC 2009
carlopmart <carlopmart at gmail.com>

Hi all,

  I have two centos 5.4 servers that I use to run several windows kvm guests (10).
All works ok (more or less) but I have a problem with backups.

  These windows guests are configured to use lvm partitions as a virtual disks. My
problem is when I need to do guests backups.

  which is the best form to backup and restore these windows guests? Some examples?
I see snapshot's lvm option, but I think that this option it is not valid for
windows guests... probably I need to use dd?? But if i use dd, how can I restore lvm
image onto another host with lvm partitions?

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com