[CentOS-virt] Centos 5.2, Xen and "/lib[64]/tls"

Fri Feb 13 17:10:15 UTC 2009
Dennis J. <dennisml at conversis.de>

On 02/13/2009 05:22 PM, Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
> ----- "Manuel Wolfshant"<wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>  wrote:
>
>> Dennis J. wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm setting up a few machines for virtualization using Xen on Centos
>> 5.2
>>> x86_64. A lot of how-to's out there tell me to do something like "mv
>>> /lib/tls /lib/tls.disabled" or similar actions or else Xen might not
>> work
>>> correctly. Is this something that is still relevant
>> No, it is not relevant since 2006
>
> It may be relevant since it depends on the guest.  It's not clear in the original post whether it's the host or the guest that's 5.2.  In the worst case, the guests will just be a little slow. :)

The hosts are Centos 5.2 x86_64 systems. The guests will initially be
Debian Sarge i386 systems using HVM virtualization (legacy systems, don't
ask) but hopefully these will be replaced eventually by Centos guests too.
What exactly determines whether the guests will be running slow or not and
how "slow" are we talking about?

Regards,
   Dennis