[CentOS-virt] current state of kvm for centos-5

Sun Feb 15 08:57:19 UTC 2009
Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org>

Daniel de Kok wrote:
> Hi Farkas,
>
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org> wrote:
>> after a long time it seems the current packages which needed for kvm on
>> centos-5 host seems to working (ie. worth to change). my repo:
>> http://www.lfarkas.org/linux/packages/centos/5/SRPMS/
>> contains the current set of rpms what we use (about a week):
>
> On how many machines / hardware configurations have you tested this
> KVM version? Since there does not seem to be much movement here
> upstream, I think it would be useful to test a new batch of KVM
> packages.

we only test with intel hosts and a dozens of guests, but this is the
first series which seems to stable and really usable (ie. better then 36).

> Of course, any packages that upgrade CentOS packages can only
> potentially be in CentOS-plus.

of course on the other hand there are virtio changes in libvirt and
virt-manager so it'd better to wait 5.2's kernel which has virtio updates.