[CentOS-virt] xen CentOS 5.2 domU install error: "Error mounting device xvda1 as /boot"

Kai Schaetzl

maillists at conactive.com
Fri Jan 16 13:13:48 UTC 2009

Jim Trainor wrote on Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:23:42 -0500:

> I added the "--nonsparse" option to my virt-install command and
> discovered that the disk was running out of space (doh!).

So, without it it apparently creates sparse files then ;-)
Nevertheless, I find the nature of the problem somewhat suprising. The
formatting of /boot should be the first thing done after creating the
partitions. The "running out of space" should only happen when it has
formatted / and tries to install software that needs more than those 3,9
GB on it.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany