[CentOS-virt] dummy ethernet interfaces

Fri Jan 16 18:57:37 UTC 2009
Caitlyn O'Hanna <ravenoak at virtualxistenz.com>

I have a 32bit(PAE) CentOS5 machine running (stock CentOS) Xen.  I've
been using the kernel dummy ethernet driver to create interfaces on the
host machine so that I can create internal networks for the guests and
host to communicate with each other.  The only issue I have with this is
that the interface is not >=100MB, but is 10MB.

Is there a way I can increase the speed of these interfaces (I've tried
looking at the kernel docs and google'ing) or another dummy style
interface driver I can use to create these?

Thanks!

--Caitlyn