[CentOS-virt] fully virt Xen DomU network question

Miguel Sanchez ntadmin at fi.upm.es
Wed Jul 8 11:15:42 UTC 2009

Coert Waagmeester escribió:
> On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 09:05 +0200, Coert Waagmeester wrote:

>>> Yes, but b aware that you need to dowload/use an *older* version of the
>>> xenpv drivers for windows hosted there : newer releases only support
>>> newer Xen ...
>>>

>> I have installed gplpv_fre_wnet_x86_0.10.0.69.msi on Xen 3.1
>>
>> It works perfectly so far!

You are in luck. With that configuration I got BSOD when I booted Windows.
I had to install Xen 3.3 available at http://www.gitco.de/repo/.

> Another question: in my windows DomU the old realtek RTL8139 emulated
> network card driver still shows, and the Intel 82371SB Bus master IDE
> controller.
> They all have a "Device can not start" error. I have uninstalled them in
> Device manager, but when I reboot they show up again, and event viewer
> also has a few entries on the network cards not wanting to come up.

xenpv hides ide and scsi controller detected by Windows, to avoid
problems with double access by two drivers to the same disk.
The drawback is that the configured cdrom is not accessible. I think
this will solved with Xen 3.4 and qemu capabilities to hide devices ??
> on the wiki ( http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv ) they
> want you to remove the vif entry. But I need two virtual networks to the
> DomU.
>
> I have removed the ioemu part, but no difference.

Configure each interface vif:
vif = [ "type=netfront,mac=XXXXXXXX,bridge=XXX", ]
> Regards,
> Coert

  Administrador de Sistemas
  Centro de Cálculo                 e-mail: ntadmin [en] fi.upm.es
  Facultad de Informática
  Universidad Politécnica de Madrid