[CentOS-virt] Migrating from VMWare Workstation

Joerg Stephan

ml at johestephan.de
Sat Jul 11 09:16:03 UTC 2009

Hi Peter,

Am Freitag, den 10.07.2009, 19:34 +0200 schrieb Peter Hopfgartner:
> Is it better to use VMware server or Xen?

As i can say both vm solutions works just fine. I use xen at home for
"private pleasure"and cant say any worse about it. Vmware runs in the
company i work. vmware in my opinion only wins if you can use vcenter
and ESX Server. But at least its just a "weapon of choice".

> If using Xen, do I have to convert the images?

Take a look at http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VMDKImage i never done
it but it schould work as it seems

Best wishes

Joerg