[CentOS-virt] fully virt Xen DomU network question

Mon Jun 29 09:27:02 UTC 2009

On 06/29/2009 07:59 AM, Coert Waagmeester wrote:
>> That's not on the dom0 side, but directly in the w2k3 domU .. : you'll
>> get *bad* performances (at IO and network level) if the xenpv drivers
>> for Windows aren't installed .. Unfortunately you will not be able to
>> find them for CentOS. (While Upstream have them of course)
> I see on google that no one really knows when they will make xenpv
> available in CentOS....

well, how did you reach that conclusion ? Essentially, you get your
credit card out and pay Citrix for the drivers. Considering they use
CentOS within their development / testing process I am quite sure they
have the right stuff required for the Windows DomU hosted on CentOS Dom0

- KB