[CentOS-virt] Bad Disk Performance of domU

Francisco Pérez fperez.x at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:40:30 UTC 2009

I guess the bad performance it goes with the writing. For example on
decompression of a big tar.gz, installing rpm packages. Also on restoring a
MySQL Database...

The first clue when i knew that something were wrong was on the FS formating
stage. It took really long time to format 40 GB to ext3. I did the same on
other machine with a sata disk... surprise! same software and hardware
config except for the inferior disk type and did it in no time.

Regards Francisco.