[CentOS-virt] img partitioning & swap

Ben M. centos at rivint.com
Sun Nov 1 19:06:32 UTC 2009

 > There is no need for a second img to use as swap right?

Yes and no. On physical machines I am very used to putting swaps on
separate controllers and drives for performance reasons as am sure many
others here are.

I have yet to see that pay off on Xen, but I really haven't had a
"hammered on" system in production yet. All are smaller and much, much
more focused on precisely what they need to do and not commingled as
multipurpose machines (e.g. webserver + file server + vpn server).

It is an engineering and use question and YMMV, but you can always add
it later if the need arises and by really measuring where you are
bottlenecking.