[CentOS-virt] Migrating from KVM to XEN - kernel panic

Christopher Hunt dharmachris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:19:49 UTC 2009

Well that was more helpful than I could reasonable hope for but alas, the
error didn't change much:
device-mapper: dm-raid45: initialized v0.2594l
Waiting for driver initialization.
Scanning and configuring dmraid supported devices
Scanning logical volumes
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  Found volume group "vg00" using metadata type lvm2  ## this is the VG on
the KVM host
Activating logical volumes
  Volume group "virt01vg00" not found  ## this is the VG on the XEN host
Creating root device.
Mounting root filesystem.
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
Setting up other filesystems.
Setting up new root fs
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Switching to new root and running init.
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
ERROR opening /dev/console: No such file or directory
Trying to use fd 0 instead.
WARNING: can't access (null)
exec of init ((null)) failed!!!: Bad address

I wonder if i need to mount the block device and edit fstab?

Christopher Hunt