[CentOS-virt] Migrating from KVM to XEN - kernel panic

Christopher Hunt dharmachris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:57:49 UTC 2009

Mr. Stach,
     Good catch!  With your help, I feel my luck is improving, if slowly...
I've updated accordingly, and now am getting a brand new file system issue:

Waiting for driver initialization.
Scanning and configuring dmraid supported devices
Creating root device.
Mounting root filesystem.
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
Setting up other filesystems.
Setting up new root fs
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Switching to new root and running init.
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory

Here is the contents of /tmp/fstab:

[root at vvmm03-XEN xen]# cat /tmp/fstab-domU
/dev/vg00/c5root00 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/vg00/swap00  swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

I'm not sure why it's looking for /dev/root..

Thanks again,
Christopher Hunt