[CentOS-virt] CentOS-5.4, KVM, QEMU, Virt-Manager and kvm-qemu-img

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon Nov 9 21:23:55 UTC 2009

What is the correct combination of packages to configure and manage
VMs via virt-manager undet CentOS-5.4?  If I use qemu then while
virt-manager works I obtain SELinux alerts with respect to the
real-time clock.  If instead of qemu I use kvm-qemu-img then
virt-manager simply does not work.  It starts but it does not find
any form of qemu and the selection boxes are all greyed out.

Further, do I need tun/tap to host VMs that themselves support
virtual ips? The module for tun I found as part of the base install.
 But I cannot locate the module for ethertap and yum does not tell
me where it is found.

Lastly, why is qemu 4.5M but kvm-qemu-img is only 125K?

Regards,

Canada  L8E 3C3