[CentOS-virt] img partitioning & swap

Dennis J.

dennisml at conversis.de
Sun Nov 1 12:34:46 UTC 2009

On 11/01/2009 10:51 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>>> But it is.
>>>

>> I guess that's informative so why don't I feel informed? :-)
>>
>> OK.  I'll bite.  How?
> using the procedure described at
> http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.2/Virtualization/sect-Virtualization-How_To_troubleshoot_Red_Hat_Virtualization-Accessing_data_on_guest_disk_image.html

It should be mentioned that it's important not to accept the default volume
group name when using LVM as that will lead to a collision in a case such
as this where the VG name of both host and guest might end up beeing
"VolGroup00". I hope RHEL/Centos 6 chooses better defaults based on the
hostname for example.

Regards,
   Dennis