[CentOS-virt] Migrating from KVM to XEN - kernel panic

Christopher G. Stach II

cgs at ldsys.net
Tue Nov 10 00:13:20 UTC 2009

----- "Christopher Hunt" <dharmachris at gmail.com> wrote:

> ugh.... after doing inglorious battle, I return. It's definitely
> situation (1). The error messages haven't changed. Inside the init
> file, should the paths references be from the point of view of Dom0?

This is the initrd, running in the context of the guest. dom0 doesn't matter at this point.

> lvm vgchange -ay --ignorelockingfailure vg00
> resume /dev/vg00/swap00

If swap00 is the name of the LV for the guest, those look correct.

> mkrootdev -t ext3 -o defaults,ro /dev/mapper/vg00-root

If "root" is the name of the LV for the guest, that looks okay, too.

> Also, should the xen host config file (/etc/xen/guest02) root
> parameter point to the dom0 root or the block device for the domU?

The guest's. That is basically what would go on the kernel command line, say, in grub.conf.

--
Christopher G. Stach II