[CentOS-virt] XEN and RH 6

carlopmart

carlopmart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 12:36:32 UTC 2009

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 01:20:11PM +0100, carlopmart wrote:
>> Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

>>> Where did you read this? You write it like it's a fact - I haven't seen
>>> that anywhere.. ??
>> This will be announced over next weeks ...
>>

> Again, are you speculating, or is this a fact? I think Citrix XenServer 5.7
> will be released soon :)

Ok, stay and wait. But I repeat: Citrix will focused his efforts only on Management
and Desktop virtualization, not on servers. First past it is do it: donate xenserver
to opesource community.

>>> That's not true. Upcoming RHEL 5.5 will have Xen-related bugfixes as usual.
>>>
>>> -- Pasi
>>>
>> Bugfixes and security updates only, but what about new features like XCI, RAS
>> fetures, etc?? Do you really think they are going to be ported by RedHat on his
>> xen?? I think not.
>>

> XCI has nothing to do with using Xen on servers. And yes, big new
> features most probably won't be ported to RHEL5.
>
> RHEL5 will be transferred to 'maintenance' mode after a while.. the
> feature that are there now will be there in the future aswell.
>
> Btw. the earlier list of options didn't list Novell SLES11.. it has
> pretty good implementation of Xen aswell (Xen 3.4.1 + 2.6.27 dom0 kernel).
>
> -- Pasi

I have a serious doubts about Novell and Oracle will do about Xen. We need to wait ...

CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com