[CentOS-virt] Controlling allocation of ethernet devices and KVM

Ben M.

centos at rivint.com
Fri Nov 27 14:26:51 UTC 2009

I would also consider this for physical network isolation.

Put your eth0 and eth1 on separate switches and subnets, then work on
the firewall tuning between the NICs in the box from there.

I think do that may follow a stronger firewall physical paradigm where
you can disconnect networks to help contain situations until resolved
rather than throwing rules at your iptables while under stress.

The extra costs of a couple of switches and wiring could get easily
offset by your labor time over a few months.