[CentOS-virt] XEN and RH 6

Tue Nov 10 10:14:42 UTC 2009
Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi>

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:39:35AM +0100, carlopmart wrote:
> Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> >> Yes, Xen Dom0 will be never supported from RHEL6, onlu domU ...
> >> Well, you have several options:
> >>
> >>   - Migrate to KVM
> >>   - Migrate to Oracle VM
> >>   - Migrate to Windows Hyper-V
> >>   - Migrate to VMware
> >>

> > Or to Citrix XenServer.
> > Or run your own dom0 setup.. if self-support is an option :)
> > Or keep running RHEL5.x on dom0, that'll be supported for a long time
> > still.
> >
> Still it isn't official, but Citrix XenServer will disappears soon ... It will be
> integrated under Microsoft Hyper-V ....

Uhm.. I don't believe this. Where did you read that?

Citrix XenServer was opensourced last week, or the hypervisor+tools
part, the xencenter management interface remains closed source (but it
can also manage hyper-v).

> IMHO, it isn't a good option to maintain domO virt servers based on CentOS or RHEL
> now ... It is the time to migrate to another solutions ...

RHEL5, with Xen, will be fully supported by Redhat until 2014. They have
clearly stated that many times.

-- Pasi