[CentOS-virt] CentOS-5.4, KVM, QEMU, Virt-Manager and kvm-qemu-img

Tue Nov 10 14:16:57 UTC 2009
Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk>

2009/11/10 James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>:

> On Tue, November 10, 2009 05:34, Kenni Lund wrote:
>

>> Yep, you do want tun/tap. But if you create a regular bridge and
>> tells virt-manager or libvirt to use this for your virtual
>> machines, virt-manager/libvirt will take care of the tun/tap setup.
>>

> This is what I have done.  One of difficulties I still have is
> discovering where I set the IP addresses for the virtual machines.
> It seems that I get some variant of 192.168.122.x where I need an
> actual routable address in the 216.185.71.0/24 space.

You need to configure your virtual machine to use a shared device, eg.
your bridge. If your client gets a 192.168.122.x address, you've setup
your virtual machine to use usermode networking.

The link which Kai pasted also explains this...

Best Regards
Kenni