[CentOS-virt] XEN and RH 6

Tue Nov 10 20:22:19 UTC 2009
Adam <adam0x54 at gmail.com>

Fedora 12 doesnt come with Xen and from what I heard RHEL 6 will be based on
F12. In the F12 release notes it states that they might port Xen in 2.6.33.
"The kernel package in Fedora 12 supports booting as a guest domU, but will
not function as a dom0 until such support is provided upstream. Work is
ongoing and hopes are high that support will be included in kernel 2.6.33
and Fedora 13."
I will start testing kvm+virtio+ovirt for my 5-6 virtual machines to migrate
from xen. It seems that its the way to go for future deployments. Xen works
fine for me now so I am not in a rush.

I started with xen, moved to xenserver, moved back to xen and I will start
testing kvm soon.

-Adam