[CentOS-virt] Migrating from KVM to XEN - kernel panic

Mon Nov 9 18:55:48 UTC 2009
Christopher Hunt <dharmachris at gmail.com>

Pasi,
     Thanks very much for the tip.  That did give me some additional
information:

Scanning and configuring dmraid supported devices
Scanning logical volumes
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
Activating logical volumes
  Volume group "virt01vg00" not found
Creating root device.
Mounting root filesystem.
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
Setting up other filesystems.
Setting up new root fs
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Switching to new root and running init.
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory

This brings me back to suspecting the problem is in the different file
structures.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the other replies in
this thread.