[CentOS-virt] XEN and RH 6

Tue Nov 10 08:00:34 UTC 2009
Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik at iki.fi>

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 04:45:56PM +0100, Hildebrand, Nils, 232 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my local RH-salesman told me that rh6 will be based on a mix of Fedora 11/12 - so I hope for the best.

Yeah, RHEL6 will be based on Fedora 12 (afaik).
Also, I think RHEL6 will support running as Xen guest (PV domU), but I
don't think they're going to ship dom0 with it..

I really hope they would, but I'm not holding my breath considering how
much they talk about KVM..

> At the moment I am stuck with SLES (currently 10) on our Dom0-servers, since it has the newer XEN-version.
> I would love to move to RH or CentOS with my Dom0s...

Upgrade to SLES11 at least then.. I think it has Xen 3.4.1 available and
2.6.27 dom0 kernel.

-- Pasi