[CentOS-virt] XEN and RH 6

Tue Nov 10 09:39:35 UTC 2009
carlopmart <carlopmart at gmail.com>

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:11:24AM +0100, carlopmart wrote:
>> Frederic SOULIER wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Do you really think that RHEL6 will not include dom0 version ?
>> Yes, Xen Dom0 will be never supported from RHEL6, onlu domU ...
>>> It seems that KVM will be the favorite for redhat virtualisation but i
>>> think Xen is actually largely deployed.
>>> We have here a "cluster" of ten Xen centos 5.4 dom0 and i'm asking what
>>> it will become with RHEL6 if there is no more dom0 version.
>> Well, you have several options:
>>
>>   - Migrate to KVM
>>   - Migrate to Oracle VM
>>   - Migrate to Windows Hyper-V
>>   - Migrate to VMware
>>

> Or to Citrix XenServer.
> Or run your own dom0 setup.. if self-support is an option :)
> Or keep running RHEL5.x on dom0, that'll be supported for a long time
> still.

Still it isn't official, but Citrix XenServer will disappears soon ... It will be
integrated under Microsoft Hyper-V ....

IMHO, it isn't a good option to maintain domO virt servers based on CentOS or RHEL
now ... It is the time to migrate to another solutions ...

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com