[CentOS-virt] Xen vs. KVM console

Dennis J. dennisml at conversis.de
Mon Oct 26 03:29:05 UTC 2009

I'm trying to get the console support in KVM working as well as on Xen but
right now I'm stuck. I followed these instructions:

This works out fairly well except that I cannot watch the bootup of the
machine in the vnc console anymore only on the serial console and I also
don't get any output on the vnc console on shutdown.

Is there a way to configure the serial console in such a way that I don't
lose a part of the functionality of the vnc console?