[CentOS-virt] Testing new Xen Version and rollback.

Ben M.

centos at rivint.com
Tue Oct 6 17:24:58 UTC 2009

I have a "fairly" stable Xen (CentOS 5.3 "standard" 3.1.x Xen) install
that I want to put into production within the next two weeks or so.

I have some small (so far non-fatal) issues and tweaks that Xen 3.4.x
may address. E.g. AMD x64 IOMMU bios read, GPLPV PCI connection, HPET
clock, better GPLPV handling, and some others.

My question is: that if I follow the directions at stacklet.com
(<http://stacklet.com/downloads/kernel>) to load up Xen 3.4 can/will
depmod overwrite dependencies needed for my "standard" Xen kernel that
will not be available by a simple edit of grub.conf to restore the
"standard" Xen kernel. I'm not familiar with depmod's actions.