[CentOS-virt] LVM Lockout

Ben M.

centos at rivint.com
Wed Oct 14 12:17:28 UTC 2009

Gack. I added an additional Raid1 pair to my machine just before I
planned to bring it over to the office and I did something dumb and
locked out.

I have the pv's, vg's and lv's cleared. All I need to do is get on root
and remove a line from fstab, but I can't get it out of read only mode
to save the edit.

My root login at "Repair Filesystem" seems unable to make the file
writeable. I have done this in past with Knoppix, but can't seem to file
the utility to make the write editable (same with CentOS and other live
CD's, am downloading newer BackTrack now).