[CentOS-virt] Xen network problem

Fri Oct 30 21:58:05 UTC 2009
Ben M. <centos at rivint.com>

Haven't loaded up win 2003 vms yet. So I don't have a good test case yet.

I haven't tried to repeat it in the last two kernel updates, in part
because I didn't think it was an issue, I thought it was a matter that
if you are going to do smp, you need at least two cpus booting up and
coming into the dom0 to "activate" that in the kernel. Sorta like making
babies, heh. I did try to assign it two vcpus and limited it to on cpu,
but that had the same effect as going out on a date by yourself. No babies.

Both xm list and going into the Windows 2008 showed showed only 1 "cpu"
present, available and taken. Rebooting a couple of times with 1 or more
than one, convinced me to boot with more than one. Later I found I could
xm vcpu-set and so forth and everything ran fine. I may script that up
to run after startup. No harm in this requirement to me.