[CentOS-virt] IP aliases of CentOS Guests not accessible running 2.6.18-164.el5xen

Mon Sep 28 13:19:49 UTC 2009
Christopher G. Stach II <cgs at ldsys.net>

----- "Devraj Mukherjee" <devraj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since I have restarted the aliased IP addresses are no longer
> accessible from the outside world, they can still be accessed from
> all
> machines (guest virtual machines) in the subnet (ping, services like
> http).
>
> I have removed all firewall rules to test if that would have effected
> it without any change (any the fact that I can access them within the
> subnet proves its not the firewall).

Assuming you are using bridging, do you see ingress packets at dom0's ethernet interface(s), dom0's bridge(s), and the guests' interfaces? If so, do you see the guests' reply packets where you expect them?

--
Christopher G. Stach II