[CentOS-virt] Connection stall when connecting to XEN guests

Wed Apr 14 14:53:47 UTC 2010
Peter Hopfgartner <peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com>

compdoc wrote:
> Ive seen this happen in some distros when the option
> 'UseDNS' is set to yes in the file sshd_config
>
> Of course, there could be issues with your network setup as
> well...

Nothing seems to change. Indeed, also pinging the guest has the same
problems. I'm also monitoring this machine since this morning and
services are up and down and I can not understand why.

iptables on dom0 and vm guest are, at the moment, turned off.

Summarizing:

1. This happens on all XEN guests on this physical server, except dom0.
It does not happen on any other server/xen guest.

2. Outgoing network connections are fine.

3. xm console <xen_guest> works fine.

Peter

--

Dott. Peter Hopfgartner