[CentOS-virt] KVM: 'ÿ' character after starting a VM via virt-install

Mon Apr 26 13:02:29 UTC 2010
gibbe gabba <frequenco at gmail.com>

I'm unable to start a virtual machine with KVM.

I'm using Centos 5.4

I have installed all necessary rpms (to my knowledge), but as you can see
from the output (below), the system does not boot the CD-ROM. It just sits
there doing nothing:

# virt-install --prompt
Would you like to use KVM acceleration? (yes or no) yes
 What is the name of your virtual machine? test

 How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 1024
 What would you like to use as the disk (file path)?
/var/lib/libvirt/images/test.img
 How large would you like the disk (/var/lib/libvirt/images/test.img)
to be (in gigabytes)? 20

 What is the install CD-ROM/ISO or URL? /root/CentOS-5.4-i386-bin-1of6.iso

Starting install...
Creating storage file...                                          |
20 GB     00:00
Creating domain...                                                |
0 B     00:00

Connected to domain test
Escape character is ^]

the 'ÿ' character appears after a few seconds, then nothing...

Any help is appreciated!