[CentOS-virt] Storage performance

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Sat Dec 11 09:20:24 EST 2010

Hi,
I recently did some benchmarking on a Rackspace VM and was surprised that
bonnie++ showed a read throughput of almost 500MB/sec. Does anyone have an
idea how they achieve these speeds in a shared environment? While you can
achieve this with a RAID easily these days once you have lots of VMs
accessing that array I would expect that speed to go down quite a bit.
Was I just lucky that I was the only one accessing the disks that way at
that moment or how do they keep up with this kind of demand?

Regards,
   Dennis