[CentOS-virt] bridged kvm guest and ever changing MAC address

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Tue Feb 16 16:01:44 UTC 2010

A bridge should take on the mac address of the hardware
device its sharing, and although I cannot see your ifcfg-
scripts it looks like you have that correct. But could you
post your ifcfg-br0 and the others?

One difference I can see is that you use the virtio model
nics in your guests and I don't.

Also, it looks as though you have a pair of onboard nics,
since the mac addresses are so alike. They aren't setup in
any sort of gang-mode in the bios?

To be honest, I've never looked at the mac addresses of the
bridges or vnets to see if they change, but I doesn't make
sense that they would...