[CentOS-virt] Sound and VGA resolution for KVM guests

carlopmart carlopmart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 18:57:56 UTC 2010

Hi all,

  Recentlly, I have installed a Windows 7 Enterprise kvm guest under a CentOS 5.4
kvm host (fully updated) using virtio drivers and all works ok except two things:
sound and vga resolution.

  a) How can I increase vga resolution to 1440x900 or is not possible to configure
more than 1024x768 when virt-manager is used??

  b) I have assigned a sound device to this windows guest (ac97) but it doesn't
works. Do I need to download this driver from some location?? Under hardware view
windows shows me a multimedia device but without driver installed.

Thanks.
--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com