[CentOS-virt] Mounting LVM contained ntfs systems.

Sat Feb 20 21:27:13 UTC 2010
Ben M. <centos at rivint.com>

I dd'd the LV from a snapshot to an empty LV on a different VG with
identical extents like this:

dd if=/dev/vgsnapshotsource/win2k8-snapshot of=/dev/vgtarget/win2k8-target

I'm a little confused by what you mean by "partition" and disk in this
context. There is the LV container created, a partition, but also a
volume and presented as a "disk" to the Windows vm.

Then inside that LV, W2k8 is installed, and that partitioned inside that
LV two logical drives which were then formatted NTFS by the W2k8
installation.

So, I dd'd the LV "partition" but wasn't I also dd'd Window's
"perception" of its disk?