[CentOS-virt] Fedora 12 domU will not boot kernel

Tait Clarridge tait at clarridge.ca
Wed Jan 6 23:11:12 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to get a Fedora 12 domU to boot for the better part
of the afternoon and haven't had success booting any F12 kernel in Xen.

I can get Fedora 11 installed no problem, tried to do a preupgrade but
the when booting the preupgrade kernel through grub (or even from
outside the domU) the domU reboots very quickly and ultimately crashes.

As far as I saw in the qemu-dm-xxx.log, xend.log, and xend-debug.log
there are no messages informing me of what went wrong.

I am using CentOS 5.3 with the 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5xen kernel. I am unable
to update the kernel at this time as new drivers cause major disk
controller issues.

If it as simple as a kernel update I will try again, but as of right now
I am stumped so I asking for a little help!

Has anyone successfully gotten F12 set as a domU using the regular
CentOS xen and kernel-xen packages?

xen-3.0.3-80.el5_3.3
kernel-xen-2.6.18-92.1.22.el5

Best,