[CentOS-virt] Windows Xen VM's have high guest CPU usage and poor performance

Ryan Pugatch rpug at linux.com
Thu Jan 21 15:58:59 UTC 2010

Ryan Pugatch wrote:

>> So I take it you're not using PV-on-HVM drivers in Windows.. ie.
>> windows is using the emulated NIC and IDE disk?
>>
>> That will be slow.
>>
>> You need to use PV drivers. See GPLPV drivers:
>> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv/
>> http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads/
>>
>> 0.11.0.188 is the latest binary release.
>>
>> -- Pasi
>>

> Thanks, will try that.
>
> Ryan

The install worked beautifully except that my VM now has an ip assigned
of 192.168.122.186 which I'm guessing is in relation to virbr0 which is
192.168.122.1 on the host (and subsequently has no internet
connectivity).  Is it possible for me to pass through to my network like
before so my VM can have an ip on my local network?