[CentOS-virt] KVM management tools.....

Tue Jan 12 17:27:44 UTC 2010
Dennis J. <dennisml at conversis.de>

On 01/12/2010 05:22 PM, Tom Bishop wrote:
> Looking at what my best options for managing KVM via a gui.  Running
> Centos 5.4 and have several machines and want to migrate off of vmware
> server 2.x.  So far it appears that the management tools haven't quite
> cought up to Vmware but are gaining and closing.  I have been looking at
> convirt, and others.  I like what I see in Ovirt but I'm not sure it is
> available for centos 5.4, or is it?  Is there anyone running ovirt in
> centos?  Also, what are folks using for their management tools for KVM,
> Thanks.....

Ovirt looks interesting but is too immature at this point for my taste.
Once the project stabilizes and maybe does a 1.0 release it's worth another
look.

I'm mostly using virt-manager and shell tools combined with nagios/cacti
for monitoring/graphing the systems though I'm looking at Zabbix right now
which can do both and seems to be a very nice project all around.

Regards,
   Dennis