[CentOS-virt] which virtualization platform to choose

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Mon Jul 26 15:07:14 EDT 2010

KVM seems to have a future in centos.

I have a couple of servers running kvm, with only 4 cores per server. I tend
use 1 real core for each virtual cpu assigned to the guests, because I don't
need that many guests. So, I can't speak to scaling...

Performance is excellent, however. It's been a year or more since I've tried
ESXi or xen on ubuntu, but I was always disappointed in the speed at which
the guests ran.

That's why I turned to xenserver for its speed and GUI, and then to KVM for
its speed and complete control over things like nics and network
configurations.

KVM works great