[CentOS-virt] which virtualization platform to choose

Wed Jul 28 08:49:35 UTC 2010
Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Luke S Crawford <lsc at prgmr.com> wrote:

> Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'm not sure any of the rest of us have ever had to recompile the kernel
> > get xen to work either. I have 160 or so DomUs on CentOS Dom0s and still
> > haven't recompiled a kernel.
>

> how many guests per dom0?  for my smallest plans I approach 160 DomUs per
> dom0, and I /have/ had to recomplile to make that work.  (though, it's been
> rather a long time since I tried it with a CentOS/xen kernel rather than
> a xen.org kernel.)

What kind of situation would you be trying to run 160 DomUs per Dom0? I'd be
curious about your particular
needs for having that many DomUs per Dom0. Did you run into a hard coded
limit on the number of DomUs you could have?

Grant McWilliams