[CentOS-virt] How to reinstall/repair Uninstalled Kernel-Xen?

Mon Jun 14 04:44:03 UTC 2010
Brett Worth <brett at worth.id.au>

On 06/14/2010 02:13 PM, Wendy William wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I try to reinstall kernel-xen by doing:
> # yum erase kernel-xen
>
> But, after reboot CentOS can't start because lost kernel-xen
>
> Please advise how to repair and install kernel-xen again.

If you boot from the CentOS media and select "repair" you should be placed at a prompt
with the root filesystem mounted under a subdirectory ( I forget the path).  Once you've
identified where that is you can copy the kernel rpm there or perhaps the tmp directory
under there.  Then you do a chroot to the mount point before doing an "rpm -i" of the
kernel rpm.  Then remove the rpm.  Check that the /boot/grub/grub.conf file looks right
and that the vmlinu[x,z] file is in /boot.

Then write yourself a note telling yourself not to do that again. :-)

Brett