[CentOS-virt] new to xen - got questions, please

Wed Jun 16 16:11:39 UTC 2010
Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>

I just installed Centos 5.5 with the xen kernel on an older machine. It
has Xeon processors and a 700 Mhz processor speed, so I realize I must
use para-virtualized guests. Reading the Centos/RH Virtualization Guide
gives examples of the process of installing guest hosts, but it only
lists installing Windows as a fully-virtualized host.

Is that because they only showed those types of examples or is it that
Windows hosts can't be para-virtualized?

Secondly, what's the normal what to install a Centos guest when it comes
to defining the installation media (it lists HTTP, FTP, or NFS). This
machine only has a CD drive, so I'm a little confused about the best way
to handle this since the Centos installation now consists of 6 CDs. A
brief explanation would be handy.

Thanks for any help and time offered. I'm sure there'll be more
questions later.

Steve Campbell