[CentOS-virt] Is kvm ready for prime time?

Fri Jun 11 05:48:56 UTC 2010
Arun Khan <knura9 at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Lars Hecking
<lhecking at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>  I've started playing with kvm on CentOS 5.5, with not much success so far.
>  In a nutshell, I have the same problem as
>  http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-virt/2010-April/001854.html

I have not yet deployed any KVM on CentOS as host OS.  However, I have
a few production KVM  guest OS installs (CentOS 5.3) deployed on
openSUSE 11.2 as host; I am running DNS/DHCP and openLDAP running on
the guests.

My KVM guests are deployed in small IT shops with 100 nodes max. where
there is no full time IT support.   So I have sort of put together my
own KVM management system (I am not using libvirtd and associated tool
set).  The guest KVMs are started/shutdown during host OS system
boot/shutdwon via my own /etc/init.d/kvminit script.

So far no issues with service availability.

-- Arun Khan