[CentOS-virt] new to xen - got questions, please

Wed Jun 16 17:11:30 UTC 2010
compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com>

Windows guests can use drivers to work directly with the virtual-hardware
devices that are presented to the guest. And since windows is acpi, etc.
aware, with the right settings it works almost as if its paravirtualized.

When installing, for me its easiest to d/l and store the .iso file for
whatever OS I have running, and boot directly from the iso to install.
There's no need to mount the iso separately - xen and kvm can work with the
file. And guests should be able to use your CD drive directly as well.

As for centos, I always use the network install iso, (which is tiny) and use
that to install from the closest http mirror.