[CentOS-virt] get xen name from guest

Hildebrand, Nils, 232 Nils.Hildebrand at bamf.bund.de
Wed Mar 17 13:47:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

how do you create the XEN-Config-File for your DomUs?
As with DHCP you could use the MAC-Address to identify your DomU, too.

Apart from that you may set the hostname during setup of the DomU.
I am using templates to generate new DomUs:
After copying the template with rsync into the LV for the new DomU (an LV in Dom0 corresponds to a disk for the DomU) I modify the files where the hostname resides (and statically setup the first network interface by filling in the corresponding files of the DomU) before unmounting the LV again.

Are you really kickstarting each new DomU?

Kind regards

Nils