[CentOS-virt] moving from Xen to KVM

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Wed Mar 17 15:16:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 02:15:52PM +0100, Hildebrand, Nils, 232 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just two questions:
> 1. Is there anything faster than XEN-paravirtualization?
>
> 2. Why XEN 5?
> XEN 3 is quite stable, too.

I guess you mean Citrix XenServer 5.5 with "Xen 5" ?

It's a completely different, full commercially supported product from Citrix,
which has the opensource Xen hypervisor as a part of it. Actually it's based on CentOS.

Citrix XenServer 5.x uses Xen 3.x hypervisor.

> I have 31 DomUs up and running on a single Box - and have a strong feeling that even 60 will run flawless.
> But: All of them are Para-Virtualized.

Yeah, Linux PV guests perform and work OK.

-- Pasi