[CentOS-virt] unable to get domain status from libvirt & KVM

Thu Mar 11 14:54:11 UTC 2010
Tom Georgoulias <tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com>

On 03/11/2010 09:35 AM, Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
> ----- "Tom Georgoulias"<tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com>  wrote:
>
>> Permissions in /var/run/libvirt:
>>
>> # ls -ld /var/run/libvirt/*
>> srwx------ 1 root root    0 Feb  5 08:53
>> /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
>> srwxrwxrwx 1 root root    0 Feb  5 08:53
>> /var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock-ro
>> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jan 21 14:38 /var/run/libvirt/network
>> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 20 18:50 /var/run/libvirt/qemu
>>
>> Can someone provide some tips on what else I can check, if this might be
>> a bug, or point out any mistakes that I might've made?  Any help is
>> appreciated.
>
> SELinux?

It's disabled:

# selinuxenabled
# echo $?
1

# cat /etc/selinux/config
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#	enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#	permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#	disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#	targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#	strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted