[CentOS-virt] reboot guest on panic

Mon Mar 15 01:07:21 UTC 2010
Norman Gaywood <ngaywood at une.edu.au>

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 07:33:43PM -0500, Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
> ----- "Norman Gaywood" <ngaywood at une.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > LTSP setups are either Fedora or Ubuntu which run about the same
> > vintage of kernel.
>
> There isn't a whole lot special happening on the server side for LTSP.

[deleted fine description of basic LTSP requirements]

Actually we already have the LTSP basic server requirements separated out
and running on bare metal. As you say, there is not much to do here.

The unstable VM is running the desktops for the LTSP. Also a lightly
loaded httpd and a lightly loaded samba server. There is also a light
load of NFS which I have almost disabled while this problem persists.

> Now, if you want something specific to a recent Fedora version on the server, then you're just asking for trouble.

Well yes, seems I've hit trouble this time. Was expecting some trouble
with the desktop apps and was happy to deal with that.  I was not
expecting significant kernel trouble however.

Rebuilding a modern desktop distro with an older kernel is a lot of
work. That's what distributions are for right?

--
Norman Gaywood, Computer Systems Officer
University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351, Australia

ngaywood at une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 3337
http://mcs.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312